'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Color Spotlight- STVCSP9

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color Spotlight- STVCSP9

Here is my card design for the Gina K Design Color Spotlight for this week. I used Tempting Turquoise for my base then I layered Early Espresso on top of that. I took a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and using the stamp from Gina K called 'Winter Foliage'. I stamped the pine bough using frosted white shimmery paint all over the white paper. Then I took lime pastel, olive and warm green Fluid Chalk and did the same thing in order of the lightest to the darkest. I also sponge in the colors over top of the stamping using a technique called 'Stamp Smoosh Smoosh' that I learn from Cathie Allan. I then stamped ornament image from the Gina K set called 'Heirloom Ornament' using Tempting Turquoise craft ink and Early Espresso craft ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I applied Frosted White shimmery paint over top of the embossed image to give a shimmery look. Stamped 'Blessings' from Gina K set called 'Lovely Labels 1' using Tempting Turquoise craft ink and embossed using black detail EP. Cut it out using the Modern Label punch. The cut out tag using Early Espresso paper and the Spellbinders 'Fancy Tag' die.Using Magenta peel offs for string I attached the ornaments as shown and applied a bow to each one.
Supplies:
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso, Shimmery White by Stampin'Up
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso Craft ink by Stampin'Up
Stamps: Winter Foliage, Heirloom Ornaments, Lovely Labels by Gina K Designs
Other: Early Espresso 1/8th taffeta ribbon, Marina Mist 1/8th taffeta ribbon, clear, black embossing powder, Frosted White Shimmery Paint by Stampin'Up, Silver Peel offs by Magenta, Fancy Tags by Spellbinders

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!