'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Christmas Spirit Challenge:

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge:


THE CHALLENGE: Red, White and Blue. Make a creation that is Red, White and Blue. Festive colors for July however they seem to a great fit for Christmas also. So here is my card #1. I used blue metallic paper as the base. I cut out a piece of Shimmery White paper and ran it thru Stampin'Up embossing folder called 'Square Lattice'. I painted the edges with White Frost Shimmer paint by Stampin'Up. I then added Cherry Cobbler seam binding before attaching it to the Shimmery White. I cut another piece of Shimmery White paper and ran it thru another embossing folder by Marianne Designables called 'Swirls'. I colored the paper by using White Frost shimmery paint with a drop of Broken China Distress reinker by Tim Holtz.I cut out 2 flourishes using Tim Holtz 'Elegant Flourishes' die using white glitter paper. I stamp the Poinsettia from the set called Poinsettia & Boxwood by Flourishes three times using black crafter's ink by CLearsnap and emboss using Ranger's detail black embossing powder. I cut out different brackets of one Poinsettia to add dimension to my Poinsettia. Then I layered one Poinsettia on top of another Poinsettia using foam dots. Colored the Poinsettia using Champagne Mist and a drop of Barn Door reinker by Tim Holtz and used just the reinker to add depth and shading to the Poinsettia. Add yellow stickles by Ranger to the center. Stamped Merry Christmas from the set called 'Rejoice' before they changed it by Flourishes using black crafter's ink by CLearsnap and emboss using Ranger's detail black embossing powder. I added some color by using red & blue daubers. I cut up the two words to make them fit in the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!