'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 27: Layout

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 27: Layout


















MME_LayoutSketch_2011_09







The challenge: Design a card based on this fabulous sketch and use “Back to _______” as your theme (sketch by Anam Stubbington).  You get to fill in the blank! Here my take on the sketch, mine is to say "Back to Jasper" We started going to Jasper when my son was 5 years old and pretty much every year we went to Jasper to see all tourist attractions because my husband really loved the mountains. We also didn't have a lot of money at the time too. Anyways my husband lost his battle to Cancer three years ago and now it was time to do something with his ashes. After 5 years which I haven't been able to go to Jasper because of the difficult memories. So in my heart I knew I had to go to Jasper with my son who is 16 now and Sarah (Dog) to spread his ashes at Athabasca Falls where we had gone so many times before. So I started out using bronze metallic paper then I used Lost & Found Two 'Boyish' Plaid paper by My Mind's Eye and distressed the edges using the Distressing tool. I inked up the edges using Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk by Clearsnap. I then did the same with the following paper Lost & Found Two 'Fun Day' by My Mind's Eye and using Deep Lagoon Fluid Chalk by Clearsnap on the distressed edges. I then cut out a scallop circle using the largest Spellbinders 'Grand Scallop Circle' die and using My Mind's Eye Lush 'Brown Diamonds' paper. I cut out the letters 'Jasper' by using Lifestyle Crafts Alphabet called 'English Rose' out some blue paper that I found in my stash. I cut out the Flourishes using brown, blue glitter paper by American Crafts using the Tim Holtz die called 'Elegant Flourishes'. I used Tim Holtz 'Type Charms' to spell out "Back To". I cut out 2 roses using the new Spellbinders die called 'Spiral Blossom one' using the same blue paper that I cut out the letters. I also used resin flower from the Cabachon collection by Prima Marketing as shown. I added some Glue Gloss by Clearsnap and dusted them using Donna Salazar's 'Fairy Dust Glitter Mixed Berries' I used Lost & Found Two layered stickers pennants for the date at the bottom. I cut a rosette using Tim Holtz die called 'Rosette' using My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two 'Precious' Motif paper and added layered chipboard from the same collection for the middle.  I added blue pearls by Prima Marketing as shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!