'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Dreamweaver's Thursday Challenge for the Month of January

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dreamweaver's Thursday Challenge for the Month of January

For the month of January, we challenge you to create something for Valentine's Day! So here is my first of two cards I did for the challenge for Dreamweaver. I had tried out for the Dreamweaver Design Team in November and I must admit how impress I was with Company even though I didn't make the team, both Pam Hornschu and Lynell Harlow took the time to send me encouraging email which I thoroughly made my day. I spent a lot of time trying out for  different design teams and I can tell you not many companies will email you and give words of encouragement. Lynell  even sent me a package of goodies to try (which I have done with this card) and a homemade card which had more encouragement to keep trying  which I will always treasure. I wanted to Thank both Pam and Lynell for giving me a chance to try out to be a part of their team. My goal is to try and make as many challenges for Dreamweaver Stencils.  So here is the first card, it is a center step card using Basic Black for the base. I used Bo Bunny collection called 'My Darling'  for the pattern papers. Using Melon Mambo paper by Stampin'Up, I used the stencil LG 611 - stone wall, taped it down with removable tape in sequence so I can remember how to take the stencil off without ruining my design. Using my palette knife I spread glossy black embossing paste trying not to go back over the stencil. While the stencil was still down I sprinkled Cranberry Glitter Ritz by In the Making Enterprises here and there. I carefully removed the stencil and put it in water pan. I let my background dry overnight. I did the same technique using the stencil LM 241 - Happy Valentine's Day. For the stencil LL 425  Heart Bouquet, I used glossy red embossing paste instead on black paper  and sprinkle the Cranberry glitter on the roses. I cut the Heart Bouquet out leaving a little halo. I cut out the Happy Valentine's Day using a Label 10 die by Spellbinders and then took Black Cherry Smooch ink to the embossed edge. I cut out hearts using Stampin'Up Embosslits 'Scalloped Heart of Hearts for the big hearts using pink and red metal sheets by Ten Second Studio and for the smaller hearts I used Stampin'Up Embosslits 'Fashionable Hearts' again using pink and red metal sheets.

1 comment:

  1. What a colourful, cheery Valentine card. I must try a center step card soon. I was so pleased to hear how nice the Dreamweaver people are, Jackie. It is good to hear of a company that cares like that. I am happy to support businesses that go that extra mile or are encouraging to their fans. I have some Dreamweaver products but have not done anything with them. You've inspired me to try!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!