'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Dreamweaver's Thursday Challenge for the Month of January

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dreamweaver's Thursday Challenge for the Month of January

So here is the second card I did for the challenge, to create a card for Valentine's Day. I used light gold metallic paper for the base which is a finished size of 5"X 7". I then layered a piece of paper from Penny Black's Filigree Gold Foil Collection on top. I then used a paper heart doily that I found at Michael's and washed over using Lindy's Stamp Gangs Magicals using gold and pink. I cut out 2 hearts then used 'Heart to Heart Doily die by Cheery Lynn Designs using white metallic paper. It cuts out 2 hearts -1 solid heart and 1 lacy heart. I painted both hearts using Champagne Mist shimmer paint by Stampin'Up  to give them some more sparkle. Then I ran the solid heart thru an embossing folder by Teresa Collins. I stamped the heart with a bird from the set called 'Take it to Heart' by Stampin'Up using platinum pigment ink and embossed using gold EP. I then colored it with Lindy's Stamp Gangs Magicals. I cut it out using Stampin'Up Hearts Collection Framelits dies. I stamped the sentiment from the set called Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin'Up on white shimmer paper using Versafine black ink. I cut it out leaving a little halo and colored it with Mountain Lavendar Gold magical by Lindy's Stamp Gang to tone down the white. I add 6 pink pearls as shown. I added 2 pink pearl flourishes and 1 white as shown. I laid down a white crochet lace plus a vintage looking flower ribbon by May Arts and on top added 'Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon by Stampin'Up .

I also entered this in the QuietFire Style: Queen of Hearts Challenge.

UPDATE:  I Won this Challenge for the Queen of Hearts Challenge.
 Just  received 10 free stamps from Suzanne at QuietFire Style.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - so much "love" went into this card! You pulled out all the stops. The heart doily die cuts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. love that heart doily die cut and the lace detail and the color scheme - all wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning in the Quietfire Challenge! Really nice card!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!