Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bring Back Beautiful - The Beauty of the Garden





















As Spring begins to sprout in many parts of the world – let’s honor Mother Nature by showing off the beauty of what we find in the garden. Pick your favorite flower (or fruit or vegetable!) and make it the centerpiece of your card or creation! So here is my card, one of my favorite flower is the coneflower and the fact I love to get in my garden makes me happy. I started off with a 5"x 7" finished card size using bronze metallic paper. For the second layer I used 'Little Miss Dorothy' from Bo Bunny's newest collection called 'Little Miss' and then added some taupe lace before attaching to the base. Then I took a piece of silver lustre paper from The Paper Temptress and ran it thru the big shot using the embossing folder called 'Frame Ornate Oval'. I cut out the bird cage from the same collection called 'Little Miss Maree' and cut out some roses from 'Little Miss Jaquoya' paper. I stamped the coneflower, tools and balloon flower by Flourishes using the set called 'From the Garden' using black crafter's ink by Clearsnap and colored the images using Prismacolor pencils. I adhered them in behind the frame and used pop up dots to adhere the roses and the bird cage in front of the frame. I stamped the sentiment from the same Flourish set using black crafter's ink by Clearsnap onto silver lustre paper and cut it out using Spellbinder's 'Fancy Tag Two' and sponged Rose Coral Fluid Chalk around the edges. Added pink flourishes where shown.
Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and elegant....I admire your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!!! What an amazing creation!!! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, this is just gorgeous! The colors and the cut work detailing alone are both stunning! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just GORGEOUS Jacqueline!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith
    =)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10