Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cardabilities - Sketch # 55




So I'm back with a new twist on the May sketch # 55 for Cardabilities. I have this addiction being a paper hog which I tend to hoard so I have these amazing Japanese papers which I never use. So I'm getting ready to teach some Asian cards so here are some of the results. I started off with using black metallic paper which is cut down to 5"x 7" finished card size. I took this Japanese paper which had turquoise and gold leafing on it and cut it down to 4 3/4"x 6 3/4". I then cut down some gold metallic paper to 4 1/4" square. Then I found this awesome tutorial http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/becca-bit-border-filled-frame/ using the EK Success punch called 'Modern Cube' which I would have never bought because it was too modern for me. Becca is fabulous and her cards are out of this world. Her blog is http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/
So I used a 4" square piece of turquoise Japanese paper and the modern cube to punch out the background and applied it on top of the gold square. I then use a Martha Stewart punch called Lattice Heart Deep Edge to punch out heart border using black paper. I then applied on top of the turquoise square. I cut out flowers using gold metallic paper for 2 medium flowers and turquoise paper for 2 smaller flowers and 1 medium using Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch dies exclusively made by Spellbinders. I attached a small gold brad in the center and the third one I used an Asian charm that I found at Michael's. I also cut out the flourishes using gold metallic paper and Cheery Lynn Designs called 'Fanciful Flourish'.

Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! so much gorgeous detail. I had to take a few minutes to take in all the wonderful elements to this card! Hugs xx Andrea DT Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10