'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: DDC #32 - How Do You Fold

Monday, October 8, 2012

DDC #32 - How Do You Fold

 Well I'm back with another card for Digi Darla's and this week's theme is "How Do You Fold". I saw this video by Dawn Griffith
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/05/fancy-fold-albumcard-video.html

I cut a piece of Bo Bunny 'Forever Fall' paper 11"X 11". I folded the paper corner to corner so you end up with a large triangle. As you line the paper  up the long side will lie vertical on the score-it board, the point will face right and you will score at 4 1/2". Then you will line the paper up so the long side will lie horizontal and score 5 1/4" and 9 3/4". Then you flip the paper over and score at 3" at each end. These 2 ends are pushed forward to create a diamond fold. I cut 2 pieces (2 1/2" x 4 1/2"left side) of Bo Bunny red double dot and cut another 2 pieces (2"x 4") for the right side. I just used both sides of the Bo Bunny paper for the sides. I then cut a piece of Brown Bo Bunny dot paper for the centre which is 4"x 4 1/2" and 2 - 2" squares for diamond fold. I printed "Life is like a Piano", Sunny Bouquet and the Happy Birthday all from Digi Darla's onto shimmery white paper. I colored the Sunflowers using Prismacolor pencils and added bronze glitter for the centre. I  added some colour to Life is like a Piano using Prismacolor pencils and pumpkin Smooch ink along the edge. With the Happy Birthday I added some Tangerine and Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk to tone down the white paper. I too added some Pumpkin Smooch ink to edge.

10 comments:

  1. Jackie, great fold on your card! I've pinned it LOL the richness of your colors, and combinations of elements and textures always catches my eye. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing fold and fantastic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun fold and card. TFS -Who was your winner for the blog hop last week??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation! Love the colors that you have used for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a GORGEOUS card1 Love the colors and the fold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Card, I love special fold cards, and this one is special, love the papers you used, so warm!

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh - stunning and I love the colors!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an intricate care full of AWESOMENESS!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!