Monday, October 1, 2012

October Challenge - Sparkle N Sprinkle



Welcome to my first post for Sparkle N Sprinkle. I'm so excited to be showing you my first card using the sketch provided. We even have a new blog so you come and follow us, as we show off each month our card challenges. 
http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.ca
It’s time to reveal the challenge for October and to show the great creations made by the challenge designers.
The October Challenge is based on a sketch.












 So here is my card, I used dark blue metallic paper for my base which is a 5"x 7" finished card size.
I used S. E. I.  collection called 'Snow Valley' for the rest of my papers. I used the digital image from Sparkle N Sprinkle called 'Hannah the Flower Goddess' by Michelle Perkett Studio and you can buy it here:
http://sparklensprinkle.com/o/product_info.php?cPath=82_220&products_id=5812
I colored her using Prismacolor pencils and added some pearls in the centre of all the flowers. I cut out the largest pennant using Spellbinders 'Lacey Pennant' using white pine boughs from the collection. I then cut out the largest pennant using Spellbinders 'Nested Pennants' using light blue metallic paper and ran it thru Stampin'Up embossing folder called 'Square Lattice'. I sponged the edges using blue iris Fluid Chalk. I then cut out another pennant using white stripe metallic paper and the second largest pennant by Spellbinders 'Lacey Pennant'. I then cut out 2 scallops using Stampin'Up 'Tasteful Trim' using light blue metallic and light blue glitter paper and added this to base of the design.
I cut 3 snowflakes, 2 of each snowflake using Impression Obsession newest die using paper from the S.E.I. 'Snow Valley' paper.

Here are the guidelines for playing:

You must create a NEW project for the challenge. No back links please.
Please use Sparkle N Sprinkle rubber stamps or their line of digital images only
Please link to your blog or to your post at the SplitCoastStampers gallery (SCS)
If posting to the SCS gallery, please be sure to include the code that appears on the sketch to tag your card to the challenge. Please enter that code using the keyword SNSSC12. Each monthly challenge will have its own unique code that will appear on the sketch or whatever the challenge will be for the month.
Please link the card or project to the inlinkz icon at the bottom of the current challenge page. Please make sure to link to your challenge card post address not just to your main blog address.
If you have any questions please email Barbara@sparklensprinkle.com
I am looking forward to seeing your creation here.
You have until October 31 to enter.
The prize is the stamp set of your choice.



Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. So much detail in this card Jacqueline - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking card. I wouldn't have thought to use the pennants for the background, but they are perfect for this sketch. Love those tiny little pearls too - they add so much detail and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully bold colors, Jackie, and a fabulous combination of wintry details! You are my hero - for setting all those tee-tiny pearls in the flower center of her hair. I also like the border punch and paper to create the triangle, giving the background a feeling of a Winter Wonderland tree or a special ice palace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job here Jackie... The colors are so vibrant...love what you did with the snowflakes and all of your tiny little details all over this card... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. I love all the tiny little pearls scattered thru-out the image. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. So much detail, love it. Great take on the sketch too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card for the sketch. Great snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10