Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sparkle N Sprinkle MarchBlog Hop - My Favorite Technique



















 Good Evening! If you're here by way of Karin Martin perfect. If not, click HERE to get you started at the beginning.
Welcome to the Third SNS blog hop of 2013. The Sparkle Team is so enthusiastic about our 2013 Blog Hops. Each hop will reveal a "theme" rather than just an "image category". This monthly blog hop challenge is My Favorite Technique. My Favorite Technique is a technique that I first learned from Cathie Allan taking a piece of white paper and using your stamps as applicators with your different ink pads to change the color of your paper.
Here I took the smallest solid flower from the stamp set called 'Silhouettes' and using 3 different ink colors stamp over the white paper seen here on the left. Stamping in groups of 3 or 5 migrating just a little until all the paper is covered.







Here I took my stylus with white foam tip or you can use Tim Holtz ink blending tool or sponges to wand in more color using the same colors that you have  already used. Look no more white paper.




The last step that I did was to overstamp using a background stamp like the Music background stamp set #427 using oyster pigment ink. Then you heat set before moving on. Now I did stamp the small swirl butterflies that you see on my card using Versamark ink and emboss using Outer Space embossing powder EP367. I then colored 2 butterflies using US ArtQuest Watercolor palette and 2 butterflies using Sparkle N Sprinkle Glitter.

You can find out the complete instructions of how I made this card here, http://sparklensprinkle.com/g/view_photo.php?set_albumName=HappyBirthday&id=ajs

Please keep on hopping over to Julie Zippel

To give you time to really check out the fabulous creations that our talented Sparkle Team has designed, the hop will run for TWO DAYS March 14 -15th!

Plenty of time to get all those comments onto each and every blog to become eligible for our great prizes!!!
Stamp Sets, Glitters (including the new Velvet Glitters), Embossing Powders, Flocking, etc.
To win a prize, leave a comment on each and every blog thru-out the hop.
There are two days to comment - so if you get distracted by life - you can just pick up where you left off.
Three of the prizes are "hidden" on 3 different mystery designer blogs.  Even the designers don't know who has the prizes on their blogs - so don't miss any.
Leaving a heartfelt comment inspires, motivates and brings happiness to each designer!
For those who have hopped with us in the past, the heartfelt sharing you left on our blogs also touched our hearts!
THANK YOU



 Designers covet sincere comments left on their blogs.  They share their artwork and hearts, hoping to inspire others.  Visitors who leave comments, in turn, encourage and inspire the designers.  If you absolutely cannot leave a comment for some reason, please e-mail brenda@sparklensprinkle.com with your comment  the name of the blog or designer you are commenting about.  Happy Hopping!!!
Winners will be announced on this blog on Saturday, March. 16th, 2013.
Be sure to check back here on the blog to see if you've won!!!
You MUST contact us if you've won, so you may wish to follow us, or subscribe by e-mail to receive notifications.
Your blog hostesses are:


Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

38 comments:

  1. Fun technique and love the soft blue monochromatic feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique. I am going to have to try this. I love your card and all the gorgeous layers you've included. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jackie, you've been busy. These are very cool. And I love your first card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderfully colorful technique, Jackie! Forehead thunk - of course it would be colorful! This is JACKIE'S blog! LOL Love all the happy, interesting critters and elements to your beautiful card. Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, your card is beautiful and I love all the wonderful elements! The technique looks fun and is so colorful. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Loved all the details and colors. Very mesmerizing!! So pretty, I think that you've outdoned yourself. It keeps getting better and better. I can not wait to see what you come up with next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous end result. Beautiful coloring on the card. I love the die cut that you used as the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layers! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous technique and card. This stamp set is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an interesting technique -- can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty card and the background technique looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colors and textures. Great card, great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Typically, I look for quick and easy techniques. This looks like it might take a bit of practice and patience, but, boy, is the end result worth it! I love that I can design my own paper. Can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card. This looks like a great technique, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love the overstamping! I am learning a lot of new techniques on this hop and am glad I decided to hop along! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool technique and I also love to make my own background papers. And, the more inky I get, the better. Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card. Love all of the layers of color. Another technique I will be trying soon. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card, butterflies are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply Stunning card the techniques are Awesome. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this technique and I love all the layers you've put together for this card. Great instructions on how to do the background paper. I think I can do this! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rosalinda Cruz: this is a very creative technique and card. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous card. So colorful. I love all the details. Your directions are very concise and clear.
    Thanks,
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love being able to customize the colors of my paper with inks and stamps! Your beautiful card is amazing and I love the layered die cuts and doily!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The colors used on your card are beautiful. This is a technique that I am not very familiar with but I like the way you have done it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow - this is a really interesting technique. Great tutorial & pics to show how to do it too!!
    Great soft colors on your card - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card & gorgeous colors! I love using this technique to create my own paper, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jackie what a beautiful card the technique is really neat and I think I luv that stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jackie, love the coloring you did on this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your use of texture and color. And butterflies always make me happy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty card and interesting technique

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card!! What a great technique. I love the colors you used and the striped layering.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10