Saturday, August 24, 2013

Inspirational Post for Whimsy Stamps

Well I'm back with another card for Whimsy Stamps using this adorable girl eating watermelon by Lia Stampz. This brings back a lot summer memories eating sweet juicy watermelon which dripped all over your face and wiping your mouth with your sleeve because you didn't have a napkin. This image is called 'Watermelon' by Lia Stampz and you can find it here at the Store here; http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=2693&zenid=355fa66f56404e4e9c0945ebfd8e6ff7
I started off using red metallic paper for the base which is a 5"x 7" finished card size and used some old Prima Marketing papers from my stash. I added 2 layers before cutting out the third layer using a  new Joy! Craft die called 'Square Frame + Corner' using the other side of the paper. I also cut out 4 corners using the corner die that came with it.  I then used the newest Viva Decor Inka Gold called 'Hydrangea' around the edges of the frame and the 4 corners using my finger to add some bling. I then cut out a circle using the JustRite die called 'Lacey Tiers Die' again using the same paper collection. Again I applied  the following Viva Decor Inka Gold  products Hydrangea, Apricot, Mint Green and Lava Red to the edges of the circle. Where the holes in the die were I added some brushable glue by Sparkle N Sprinkle and added some Tim Holtz Distress Glitter called 'Seedless Preserves'. I then colored the girl using my Prismacolor pencils and used Copic Markers for the skin. I added some pink glitter to her shirt and purple glitter to her pants. I also added some yellow glitter to the center of the flower. I then added some glossy accents to the seeds in the watermelon so they would stand out. I added some pale purple ribbon with a bow by Stampin' Up along with some purple flowers by Petaloo and Prima Marketing.
Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Heel mooi gedaan, toppie creatie.
    Liefs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqueline, this is brilliant, mouth is watering here, love this hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10