Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fluttering Bye To Say 'Happy Birthday'!!

DSC_0275-1


Hi Everyone, It's Jackie from snowy Alberta once again. I'm getting real tired of all this snow, it's suppose to be spring! Anyways I'm back with a spring like birthday card featuring Karen Burniston Butterfly Pivot Card (767). I cut out the butterfly pivot card using Early Espresso paper for the base and using Bo Bunny's 'Primrose' collection for the rest. For the front of the card, I cut out "Happy Birthday" using Elizabeth Craft Designs using Black Velvet paper. I cut out the 3 silhouette  butterflies from Karen Burniston Butterfly Pivot Card (767)


DSC_0289-1








One butterfly was cut out using ECD double -sided adhesive and I applied Silk Microfine Glitter 'Leaf Green' (634) to it. I then used the overlay die from the same die collection and cut it out using black velvet paper and applied it on top of the green glitter butterfly. 
DSC_0292-1








I also cut out the bodies of butterfly 3 times using the same black velvet paper. The other 2 butterflies, I used a background technique that I found here.
DSC_0290-1














For the other butterfly as you open to the inside of the card, I used the same technique but I changed the colour of the glitter to Fuchsia (619). 

DSC_0293-1
The other butterflies were cut out of the Bo Bunny paper called 'Primrose Bliss' and again I cut out the butterfly bodies using black velvet paper and Butterfly Pivot Card die. I then cut out 2 strips of background paper that I used for the 2 butterflies on the front of the card. I then ran it thru the butterflies embossing folder by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I then sponged on some Victorian Velvet Distress ink to highlight the embossed areas.  For the tag on the right hand side I used a sticker by Bo Bunny Primrose collection and cut it out using Elizabeth Craft Designs die called Tags (763). For the left hand tag I stamped the saying from stamp collection called 'Occasional Quotes' by Stampin 'Up using black crafters ink and embossed using clear embossing powder. Again I cut it out using ECD die called "Tags (763)". I added some pink/brown satin ribbon by May Arts.
DSC_0278-1







Supplies:
Paper: Early Espresso, Shimmery White- Stampin'Up, Bo Bunny 'Primrose' Collection,
           Black Velvet Paper- Elizabeth Craft Designs, Watercolor  Hot-Pressed 140 lb-Arches

Stamp: Occasional Quotes - Stampin'Up

Dies: Karen Burniston Butterfly Pivot Card (767), Tags (763), Happy Birthday (738) -                      Elizabeth Craft Designs

Glitter: Leaf Green (634), Fuchsia (619) Silk Microfine Glitter by Elizabeth Craft Designs

Ink: Black Crafter's Ink- Clearsnap, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink -Tim Holtz

Other: Butterflies Embossing Folder by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs,
           Pink/Brown ribbon- May Arts, Clear Embossing powder - Clearsnap

           Gesso, Various Golden fluid paints -Golden, newspaper





Pin It Now!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. How pretty with all the colors & patterns you've used. I can see that wonderful Butterflies embossing folder on the sides, just got mine & can't wait it use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline, I just discovered your site through a rather meandering search for EC butterflies! What a wonderful card you've created here, with such stunning butterflies (I've got a 'thing' going for butterflies of late!!). I'm new to card-making, but fully and firmly 'addicted'! As well, I'm from Edmonton - currently living in Canmore - and we head north to visit my family as often as possible. Canmore's a pretty town, but if the opportunity to head 'home' (it's all about family) appeared on the horizon, I'd be back in a nanosecond! Hope you're having a great day!
    c

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!

09 10