'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Karen Burniston's April Challenge - ACCORDIONS WITH DC TEAM & FRIENDS

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Karen Burniston's April Challenge - ACCORDIONS WITH DC TEAM & FRIENDS

Hi Everyone, it's been ages since I last blogged. Lots has happened to me, first my uncle passed away 2 days before Christmas, just get over the funeral and my Mom's first cousin passed away 3 weeks later. On January 14th, 2015, I had to put my beloved yellow lab named Sarah down because she had cancer. It took my creative spirit away and I haven't had the inkling to do anything in my craft room. She was the love of my life/companion after my husband passed away from cancer 7 years ago in which he gave her to me for Mother's Day.. 
On March 17th,  I decided to buy an early birthday present for myself, meet Gracie who is 11 month old white lab. She is a great companion to me and my son!!
My fellow Canadian (Karen Aicken) who is a member of Karen Burniston's Design Team invited me to play along in this month's challenge!! 
APRIL - ACCORDIONS WITH DC TEAM & FRIENDS - April 13, 14, 15  Between us and your guests we'll have 21 albums for the post! The theme is wide open and you can decide if you and your guest are coordinating your projects or not. Any Accordion die, any number of pages. Stacked, doubled, etc. - all fair game. Fun! You and your guest post April 13-14. My post will be on the 15th.
 Thank you Karen for the wonderful honor of being your design partner, and she posted yesterday her wonderful creation which you can see here!!! 
We were allowed to pick out an accordion die from Karen Burniston's awesome collection at Elizabeth Craft Designs. I picked out the new Accordion Rectangle die to play with.


Both Karen and I decided to a dog theme card in honour of Gracie who is now a member of our family. Karen did a beach theme which you can see here and I decided to do a Paris theme. Three years ago Cameron and I went to Paris and London for the 95th Anniversary of Vimy Ridge. I too decided not to use the Accordion Frame Edges, instead cutting the Accordion again from patterned paper and trimming it down on each side.

First panel I cut stripe paper, cut out the Eiffel Tower from Eiffel Tower Pop Stand die from double sided adhesive paper. Apply Pewter and Black Microfine Glitter.  Applied a Paris sticker over Eiffel Tower. Cut out 3 gold Paris Edges and apply them to the first and fourth panels. Apply a second Paris Edge to the first panel on the front side. Apply 3 black glitter borders as shown.



The second panel, cut pattern paper to fit accordion. Cut out 2 bones, dish and 2 fish from Props 4 die by ECD using double sided adhesive paper. Apply Pewter, Chocolate and Black Microfine Glitter as shown.  Apply Cafe sticker  & Croissant as shown. Here Gracie is going to a Cafe for breakfast.


Third panel, cut pattern paper to fit accordion. Cut Buster the Dog (Gracie) using black and white velvet paper. Place white velvet overlay (dog) over black (solid Dog) velvet paper. Cut out collar using pink velvet and gold paper. Added stickers as shown. Gracie is going sight-seeing around Paris.





















Fourth panel, cut pattern paper to fit accordion. Add stickers as shown.

Elizabeth Craft Designs:

 972 Accordion Rectangle, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
984 Buster the Dog, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
979 Paris Edges - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
982 Props 4 Set
978 Eiffel Tower Pop Stand - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs
601 Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter
602 Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter
607 Chocolate Silk Microfine Glitter
409 Pink Velvet Adhesive Sheet
405 White Velvet Adhesive Sheet
406 Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet
sku 7010 Glitter Borders Assorted Color Black/Silver
509 Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape 152 mm

Other

Whisper White, Early Espresso Cardstock - Stampin'Up
Pattern Paper - Now Boarding Collection by Kaisercraft
                      - French Industrial Paper Collection - Tim Holtz
Stickers - Paris by Paper House, Eiffel Tower Repeats by EK Success


***I would like to Thank Karen Aicken for inviting me to play with her, Karen Burniston for letting us Guest Designers play and Elizabeth Craft Designs for their awesome products. Please check out Elizabeth Craft Designs products here!!! Check out Karen Burniston's blog for great ideas using her products.




3 comments:

  1. Welcome Gracie! This is a beautiful card, Jackie! I love each panel. Such a lovely tribute to your special trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!