'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Happy Mother's Day

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Hi Everyone, I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged.  Life just seems to be going in a different direction these days. Don't  get me wrong, I have made cards for  friends and family, I just haven't blogged about it. Anyways I'm super excited to be asked by Maria from Paper Garden.ca  to make a card for my Mom in their  Mother's Day Challenge that she is hosting. They also sent me a sample of their fabulous cardstock that is so fabulous plus they have matching envelopes. Please check out their gorgeous cardstock here: https://www.paper-garden.ca
There are 2 Prizes to be won: Prize #1 Reader Voting: Winner is chosen by votes from your blog readers, and Paper Garden customers. Limit one vote per person. A chance to spend
    $100  at Paper-Garden.ca
    Prize #2 Peer Choice: Paper Garden will choose 4 finalists. Bloggers who participated in the challenge will then vote for their favourite card and a chance to spend $100 at Paper-Garden.ca
    Here the basics of my card. I started off using 6"x 12" using Stardream Bronze metallic cardstock which you find here https://www.paper-garden.ca/products/stardream-bronze-8-1-2-x-11-text-weight-metallic-paper.html at Paper-Garden. I added 3 layers of paper using Prima Marketing "Love Clippings Collection" I then cut out next layer using Marianne Design Die LR 0445 using a light metallic paper. Layering on top of that using Pink Gloss Glitter Paper using a middle circle that comes the die. I stamped out the flowers using Simon Says Limited Edition Stamp Card Kit Mother's Day called 'Mom's Clematis using VersaFine Clair Nocturne. I then coloured them using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals. I added Nuvo Crystal drops Bright Gold for centers. Then I added Gold hearts for the center.  I added a puff gold heart along with some gold leaves plus some tags that I cut out from Prima Marketing paper. Then matted them on Rose Gold mirror cardstock and 1 was cut out of Shimmer Sand Cardstock. I also cut out Mom using the same paper and the die that came with Stamp kit. I embossed it with a heart embossing folder by Sizzix. I then stamped a saying from Simon Says stamp set called 'Mother's Day Zingers using Versamark ink and embossed using Ranger's Rose Gold EP. 

This is what I did for the inside,  I layered down 2 pieces of paper from the Prima Marketing 'Love Clippings Collection. I used a piece of paper from "Bliss Collection" that was in the Simon Says Limited Edition Stamp Card Kit Mother's Day. I then cut out another piece of paper using the same die that I used on the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Clair ink and used the stamps from the Mom's Clematis.  Thanks for looking and please don't forget to hop over to Paper-Garden.ca to vote for your favourite card!!! 



Have a fabulous day, thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card!
    I love the flowers you coloured and all of the extras you added.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!