'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: DDC # 33 - Alphabet Challenge

Monday, October 15, 2012

DDC # 33 - Alphabet Challenge

Welcome to another Monday morning and I'm back with another card for Digi Darla's. This week's challenge is an Alphabet Challenge. I chose letter 'B" for beach bum. I used Digi Darla's 'Beach Time'  which is this cute little penguin  drinking a martini with an umbrella in it. I colored the penguin using Prismacolor pencils. I made my penguin soft and fluffy using Sparkle N Sprinkle flocking using 2 way glue pen and  the following colours; Twinkling Clouds for the belly, Night Sky for the skin and Paprika for his feet and nose. You can find the products here;
http://sparklensprinkle.com/o/index.php?cPath=171
I added some orange glass glitter using mono multi liquid glue to facilitate sand for a beach. Now onto how I made the card, I used Pomegranate metallic paper for the base which is a 5"x 7" finished card size. I used Basic Grey 'Stella Ruby' for the rest of my papers. I cut out a label using Spellbinders Decorative Label 27 using brown paper and then used Spellbinders Label 27 using a pattern paper from the same collection. I adhere the penguin on top of these labels using pop up dots. I stamped a letter "B" from Serendipity Stamps called Circle Alphabet & Scrolls using black crafter's ink and embossed using Cocoa Bean EP by Clearsnap. I coloured it using Tim Holtz distress markers using the following colours Pine Needle, Worned Lipstick and Spun Sugar. I added some ribbon from Basic Grey collection to the 2 different tags. For the second tag I printed "Is for Beach Bum" on the computer and punched it out using a scallop punch. I sponged Chestnut Roan and Warm Red Fluid Chalk by Clearsnap along the edges. I pop this onto of another tag punched out using large oval punch onto another tag from the Basic Grey collection.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love the bright colors and that penguin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on in this card. Love all the bright colors as Mr. Penguie is sitting sipping on his Martini! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, eclectic card, Jackie! Brilliantly colored, fun collage elements, and darling little image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love all the bright colors, layers, and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Beac Bum! I love how you colored the umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creations always take my eyes in so many different directions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the sparkle on your stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your style of creativity. luv annie

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!