'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: The Beauty of A Technique- Flourishes Monthly Challenge

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Beauty of A Technique- Flourishes Monthly Challenge

 This month the challenge is  The Beauty of A Technique.  We are asking you to use a technique  for your creation. So here is my challenge, for the technique I'm using Alcohol Ink - Faux Bleach that I found on Splitcoast Stampers. For this technique you need glossy paper, alcohol ink and clear embossing powder. I used Flourishes 'Holly' background stamp and inked with Top Boss and stamped on glossy paper. Applied clear embossing powder and shook off excess. Then I heat set. Then I took out my Tim Holtz alcohol inks in the following colors; Clover, Lettuce, Watermelon, Sunshine Yellow so the background is completely covered. Then I took another piece of white paper and laid over top colored glossy paper. Then I took a hot iron with no steam and ironed off the embossing powder leaving white holly leaves showing. I then stamped the Angel from the set called 'Alleluia Angel' by Flourishes using black crafter's ink by Clearsnap and embossed using clear EP. I then colored the angel using Smooch ink by Clearsnap in the following colors; Gold Lame, Siren, Ocean, Moonlight, Frosted Aqua, and Shabby Pink. Then I covered the Angel with Clear EP and heat set. I stamped the sentiment from the same set using black crafter's ink by Clearsnap and embossed using clear EP. Then I added Top Boss to extend the drying time when I added Siren and Gold Lame Smooch ink to color the sentiment.  I added tangerine grosgrain ribbon by Stampin'Up. I layered the colored background onto Copper Glitter paper by Best Creations then onto Brushed Gold paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!