'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Shelly's Images Card Challenge - Have Stars, Stripes, and Sparkle on your Card

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shelly's Images Card Challenge - Have Stars, Stripes, and Sparkle on your Card


Happy Summer Solstice Day, the longest day of the year and the first day of Summer and school is out! Next week my son graduates from High School!  Well I'm back with another card for Shelly's Images and this week's theme is Stars, Stripes and Sparkle on your card! So here is my card, we were given this cute image called 'Wish Upon a Star and you can find it here in the store; http://www.shellysimages.com/DigiShop/index.php?id_product=217&controller=product
I started off using Chocolate Chip paper for my base which is a 5"x 7" finished card size. I used Parisian Breeze DSP by Stampin' Up for the rest. I added 3 layers before using light blue glitter paper for the fourth layer which I cut out using Spellbinders 'Timeless Rectangle' using the largest die. I then cut out another layer using light blue metallic paper and again cut it out using the same die. I then ran it thru an embossing folder by Sizzix called 'Animal Prints' and used some blue & green Pan Pastels to add some color. I popped this on top of the blue glitter paper using foam dots.  I printed the image onto shimmery white paper and colored her using Prismacolor pencils. I then used a glue pen to add some pink glitter to her dress and hair for some sparkle. I added some texture for the sand by using the following product called Viva Sand Stone Effect Paste. I then sprayed some white flowers using some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray called 'Blue Hawaiian Blue, I brushed on some glue which then added some glitter by Sparkle N Sprinkle called 'Fascination'.  I added some greenery by using a punch from McGill called 'Pine Branch ' using light blue and dark blue paper which I tucked underneath the blue flowers using glue dots. I then used 2 Starfish for my stars from the sticker cardboard collection by Christine Adolph called 'Oceanside' and sprinkle them with the glitter using the following colors 'Ocean Spray' and 'Fascination'. I added some Baja Breeze seam binding along with a bow.

2 comments:

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!