'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: My Brother's Birthday Card

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Brother's Birthday Card



Last Sunday my mother had us all over for big Birthday dinner. Our family use to have 4 birthdays before Christmas and then my mother's was in January but sadly we only have 3 now. So instead of having 3 separate parties my mother has 1 big bash (less wear and tear on my mom). On this occasion my nephew Zachary was being comfirmed so he was included this time. So this was my card for my brother who was born 2 weeks before Christmas. Kind of simple for me but I was doing 3 cards for this big occasion. I left making cards to the last minute.  It started out using brown cardstock layered with light green and then using a darker green. On the darker green cardstock I used a stamp called Brocade Basics which is retired from Stampin'Up. I inked the stamp with Silk Green pigment ink and then embossed it using Stampendous Aventurine PearLustre Embossing Powder. Then I used another stamp called Sense of Time from Stampin'Up and embossed it twice the same way as the background. I cut out the little circle and popped it up using dimentionals. I also took a dauber using Always Artichoke inkpad and toned down the image so it wasn't too stark. Attached a green ruffle ribbon from Michael's along the bottom. Inside I stamped Happy Birthday using another stamp from Paper Inspirations using Silk Green pigment ink pad and embossed using the Aventurine PearLustre EP.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Early Expresso from Stampin'Up
                  Light green paper from Fibermark
Ink:  Always Artichoke from Stampin'Up
        Silk Green Pigment ink from Clearsnap

Stamps: Brocade Basics - retired , Sense of Time  from Stampin'Up
               Happy Brithday from Paper Inspirations
Ribbon: Michael's

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!