'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Week #91 - 'The Magic of Christmas' and Mojo Monday 218 - CONTEST

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week #91 - 'The Magic of Christmas' and Mojo Monday 218 - CONTEST





Well it has been a long time in between posts. Life is extremely busy or should I say trying out for  Design Teams.I think I have tried out for at least six different design team calls. So far, no luck but I keep on trying. For the Shabby Tea Room you need to create a card or project inspired by the above photo and USE PINK, GOLD, NEUTRALS, FLOWERS and SNOWFLAKES! For Mojo Monday; It's the start of a new month and that means it's time to kick off our December Mojo Madness CONTEST! So here is my card for both these challenges. I started of with 5"x 7" card size using Brushed Gold for the base card. I layered a piece of white with gold music note paper by Penny Black. I then used pink paper that was white which I sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pink and some Gold using a tree stencil from Crafters Companion which I had on hand. I then cut a piece of pinkish gold music paper again from Penny Black on top; I layered some dark pink Basic Grey Ornate Collection by Core Impressions and sanded it down to reveal the light pink underneath. I lightly rub Rouge Fluid Chalk over top of paper to highlight the light pink. I cut out an oval using Spellbinders 'Lacey Ovals' die using the pinkish gold paper. On top I stamped a tag using Verve stamp set called 'Glad Tiding' using pink crafters ink by Clearsnap and clear embossing powder. I cut it out leaving a little halo. I used some new vibrant paint that I just received from Lindy's Stamp Gang called Magicals using 'Poinsettia Red Gold' to color the edge of the tag. I used the sentiment from the same set and stamped it using black crafter's ink and emboss using gold EP. I punched this out using Stampin'Up scalloped oval. Using foam dots popped it up on the tag. I used some Calypso Coral 1/8th  Organdy ribbon for the bow.I layered all this on gold glitter square cut out using Spellbinders 'Fleur de Lis Square'. For the inside of the square I cut out shimmery white paper using Spellbinders 'Lacey Ovals' and ran it thru the Square lattice embossing folder by Stampin'Up. I cut out various snowflakes using Shimmery white paper, silver & gold glitter paper and silver with gold music note paper which was colored using Lindy's Stamp Gang called Magicals using 'Gold'. I used some basic pearls by Stampin'Up for the centers of the snowflakes.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Keep trying on the DT front - good luck! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeus card Jackie!!Thanks so much for sharing our beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!